Despite its numerous advantages, the construction industry in Africa is slow to adopt the BIM process.
We believe that the ignorance of the modalities and benefits of BIM is a major cause of the resistance to adoption.
BIM Africa Initiative is a civil society organization formed to enable and regulate the adoption and implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in the Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) Industry across Africa.
- Facilitate academic and market research towards effective BIM adoption and implementation.
- Engage volunteers and members across African countries for effective local representation.
- Encourage, facilitate and monitor local BIM awareness and training events.
- Collaborate with professional bodies to ensure the deployment of BIM in Construction projects across Africa.
- Advise the Governments and its representatives on policies towards BIM implementation.